Image Map

Monday, June 10, 2013

Where did it go???

Where did the last month or so go???  I can't believe it is already a third of the way through June.  May flew by and I have so many things that I should have shared.  I hope I can catch up this summer and share some of the fun my students and I had at the end of the year.  I still have a few work days to work survive, and summer school will begin in a couple weeks. 

The end of the school year has been bitter sweet for me.  My mom is an assistant at the school I work at, and she is retiring this year.  This year has been the first year that I have really even seen her during the day.  We had lunch together most days.  I am really going to miss that!  (tissue time!)  She is a wonderful mom that keeps telling me she is going to volunteer in my room next year.  :)  I hope she does not change her mind.  To top things off, my precious daughter turned 18 and graduated from high school two days later.  I am extremely proud of her!!!!!  She graduated from high school and also earned her Associates of Arts Degree too.  I can't believe she will be heading off to college in a couple months.  (grabbing more tissues!)

Please forgive my lack of posts.  I promise to be better this summer. Some other summer highlights... I hope to head to IKEA in Charlotte to get some more things for my classroom (and home too). I would also love to go to the Lakeshore Learning Store.  Maybe after the Carolina Bloggers meet up.  I can't wait to meet all of the fabulous bloggers.  I will also be on the lookout for more monster themed things to add to my room. 

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Diane,

    I found your blog through the Carolina Bloggers Meet Up (I am going also). BUT, I recognized your name and the fact that you are from Mocksville because I teach 2nd grade at Shady Grove. I think we met during a PD day this year! I am glad I found your blog and TpT store! I blog over at That's So Second Grade! I'm looking forward to the blogger meet-up.. enjoy your first few days of summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are going too! Love your blog! It is so cute. :) Hope your first year went well. Hope you are having a good start to summer vacation!
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete