Image Map

Friday, November 16, 2012

This and That: Monsters, Globes, Rubber Ducks, Turkeys, and How To

Well if you noticed this post's title you realized this is pretty much a bunch of random things from the past week (or month).  I have been taking pictures in my class of some of the things we have been doing, but seem to always leave my camera at school.  I finally remembered to bring it home.  I am shocked too!  So hopefully through some of the photos you can see my room and what me and the kiddos have been up to for the past few weeks.
Monster Mash Snack from Halloween (I told you some of the pics are old!)
 
Monster Glyphs the students created. 

Globes - We painted paper plates and add the continents.

 
 
Rubber Ducky Shower
My class had a shower for another teacher that works in our room.
Don't you love the cupcakes.  I added the marshmallows for 'bubbles' and the ducks. 


Pinterest inspired!  Get Spotted Giving Thanks Bulletin Board. 
The students and staff have been writing on the spots. 

 
Symmetrical Turkey Craftivity
I have made these every year with my students. 
They love it! 
 

 
We have also been doing a lot of writing.  We are working on 'How to" papers.  Of course, it is turkey cooking time so we have been writing How to Cook a Thanksgiving Turkey.  I have laughed and laughed at the creativity of the students.  I created a few other How to Writing Units for Christmas and Winter.  Some of the students are becoming very independent writers using this format.  I can't wait to read their next stories.
 
These are some of the How to Writing Units I am planning to use.

How to Decorate a Christmas Tree
 
 
How to Build a Snowman
 

How to Wrap a Present
 
 
Well, thanks for reading to the end!  I promise my next blog post will not be so random. 
 
Have a great weekend!


1 comment: