Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Throwback How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World

Today was a busy day at my school.  Grandparent's Day Luncheon.  Do I need to say more?  I teach at a small community school in a rural area and let me tell you grandparents show up.  So do moms, dads, aunts, uncles, cousins, and the next door neighbor.  The kids love it!  It always worries me.  So many people, and I have no idea where all my students are eating.  Some go outside to the picnic tables, others stay in the cafeteria with their loved ones, while some head to the media center.  The students that don't have grandparents to come eat with them (bless their hearts...it makes me sad) head back to the room to eat with me and watch a movie.  We really are blessed to have such a wonderful turn out and the kiddos love it!!!! 

I tried to have a fun activity planned after lunch so the students were not upset that their loved ones had to go home, and we had to get back to work.  Since we have been studying the continents and Johnny's birthday is coming this week.  I decided to read



I love this book!  We also used Google Earth on our journey around the world.  (I have blogged about this before.  Check out this post for lessons and freebies.)  We did not get to actually make an apple pie, but we did eat some Apple Delights! Yummy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment