Image Map

Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day, Blessed, and Pumpkins

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. ~Chinese Proverb

Today was the first day of second grade for my kiddos. It was a great day getting organized, learning about each other, and setting the tone for the year.  I am really excited about my students and the family we will be this year.  My hope is that we settle in to a routine in the next few days, learn lots about each other, and love learning anywhere and everywhere.  I am blessed once again this year and hope you all are having a blessed new school year too. 

Fall is coming!  I have been meaning to make a writing activity for the life cycle of a pumpkin and finally sat down last night and did!  I can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors and falling.  I love this time of year.  Each year we read a story from Reading Street about pumpkins, and I thought this would be a great a writing activity to partner with it. 



I usually always make pumpkin dip as a treat for my students when we are learning about pumpkins.  One of my assistants a few years ago got me addicted to this I just love this treat with granny smith apples, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers. 

  • One 8oz cool whip

  • 1 box instant vanilla pudding

  • 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

  • 15 oz canned pumpkin

  • Something to dip (apples, cookies, etc)


  • Thaw cool whip. Mix pumpkin, dry vanilla pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in thawed cool whip and serve.  Yummy!!!

    ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment